Wednesday, October 12, 2011

28 Weeks Prego!


I had my 28 week check up today.  It's pretty uneventful when you compare it to the visits I have had lately!  Doc measured my uterus and it was measuring just a little over 28 weeks.  So that means my uterus slowed down a bit as I had grown a lot the last time I was in to see the doctor.  Here is the post about that if you missed it.  I didn't gain any weight either.  The baby's heart rate was where it usually is around 150/160.  I talked to the doctor about my hands being swollen in the morning when I get up.  She said that was from my wrists being bent all night.  It's really been a problem for me in the mornings!  I wake up and my hands feel like they are going to explode!  I guess I will try to keep my wrists straight more!  I also talked to her about the symptoms of RLS (restless leg syndrome).  I guess this is pretty common in pregnancy.  It sounds like I may be dealing with this some.  I always feel like there is something crawling on my legs!  I feel like I am constantly swiping at them to get something off.  Doc said it will go away after pregnancy!  Phew! 
My two women doctors that I see, one is on maternity leave and the other is about to go on maternity leave.  I start to see the doctor every two weeks now so time should really start flying!!  However, because of this I had to schedule my next apt. with a male doctor whom I have never met. I should only have to see him once and then the one women doctor who is on maternity leave will be back!  I definitely prefer a women!!  I'm sure if I have to deliver somewhere other than here with my regular doctors, I am going to have to get over this!  We will see! 
I never do a full body shot or ones from the front so I thought I would try to get that this month too.  Keziah did a really good job taking that middle picture of me.  Although it is at an angle, I kind of like it like that!!
It's been a week now since my Mason City apt., but I just want to make note of what it was like the days following my amnio.  I just never would have imagined such after effects.  They told me to take it easy for 24 hours after I had that done, but it was more like 48 hours before I even began to feel like doing anything.  All I can figure out is that the whole time I was laying on the table for both my ultrasounds (one with the tech and one with the doc.) and then again for the amnio, I must have been incredibly tense the whole time.  I tried to conciously relax my body but the way I felt over the next 48 hours was terrible.  I was incredibly crampy and my lower abdomin muscles were super weak all the way around to my lower back.  My legs were even sore.  And my neck was sore from being turned to see the monitor.  I get that my lower abs would be a little sore from the amnio, but I never imagined it would be that bad.  I couldn't do anything.  I felt like I had a horrible flu.  I especially felt like I couldn't do anything with my lower ab muscles.  I felt like I had a c-section...OK enough complaining...did I mention how thankful I was to have my husband by my side?!!  I love that man!  God blessed me when he gave me him!

No comments: