Monday, September 26, 2011

Almost 26 Weeks Prego!

And I finally got an ultrasound!!!  Here's how it happened with probably too much information...just ignore this post if you want to be spared the details!I called the doctor last week sometime thinking I might be leaking amniotic fluid.  It turned out they were going to squeeze me in that day and just have me come do a quick test to see if I was.  I got a call about 15 minutes before I was supposed to be there and they said my doctor was about to deliver somebody in labor (who happened to be my other women doctor) so I was going to need to come in the next day.  They said they had an actual appointment available at 8:45 that next morning so I took it.  I told her I felt better about having an appointment rather then taking up time they didn't have anyway so I was happy about that.  So, the next morning I got there and they said they decided to just go ahead and do a regular OB visit.  I did the urine test, weight and then came the fun part, she tested me to see if I was leaking and she also tested me for a yeast infection just to rule that out in the process (which required a full exam).  It turns out I was NOT leaking fluid but she thought I had enough symptoms to go ahead and treat me for a yeast infection even though it wasn't really positive (not a strong positive).  She also listened to the heart beat and measured my uterus...and that's what did it.  Last week, when I was 24 weeks pregnant, I mentioned I was measuring at 23 weeks.  This week my uterus measured at 27.5 weeks.  I grew 4.5 weeks worth in one week!  She said she didn't even have to check with the insurance company, she knew that would be approved!  So here it is!  We went this morning for our ultrasound (26 weeks tomorrow)! 

And that is a story in itself...we decided to take the girls so they could see the baby too!  Brian was in charge of keeping them occupied since I was laying on the table occupied and I remember looking over at him and I could tell he was pretty frustrated with them (they were far from on their best behavior) and a little bit later I looked over again and he was white as a ghost.  He got up and walked out, moments after that Kezzie said she needed to pee so the ultrasound tech had to take her!  At the same time she was trying to make sure Brian wasn't going to pass out in the hall!  I was just laying there on the table with gel all over my belly and trying to keep Adah contained while the door was wide open!  After the appointment Brian said he couldn't remember much from the whole hour we were there.  He never came down with the flu so I don't know what the deal was.  He doesn't get weirded out easily by stuff like that either.  It was just strange!  But we got through it and I have some cute pictures to prove it!!  I feel so good knowing everything has been measured and looked at.  She couldn't tell us if anything looked odd, but at least I know the baby has been evaluated and the doctor will look at the pictures soon.  She will be calling if anything looks concerning to her.  The tech still didn't want to tell us that we were having a girl for sure because the cord was between the legs and they were crossed, but she thought she was right in saying it was a girl!  There were a couple things she couldn't get a good angle on (the lower spine and bridge of nose) and that was frustrating but she thought she got enough!  With Brian not doing so hot, I was ready to call it good!  Here is our sweet baby 'girl' (I don't know if I will believe that until I see her!).


No comments: