Friday, September 23, 2011

Keziah is 46 months!!


Here is my Kezzie...so sweet and silly!
Keziah's current favorite color is back to blue and her favorite tv show is Wild Kratts.  Kezzie loves making silly faces (can you tell?)!  She loves to make her sister laugh.  She has a teaching personality so anytime she can tell Adah is learning something from her, it makes her do it more (sometimes good, sometimes not-so-good!).  I am sure I have said this before but Keziah really likes to organize/categorize things.  Recently we bought some beads that you can snap together to make jewelry.  There are several of each type of bead.  The container holds 500 beads and she sorted them all out by color and shape, etc.  We also recently got out a memory game we have.  She has had fun categorizing the different pictures into animals, food, etc.  She does this with her kitchen food also!  She puts them into fruits and veggies and sweets (she's not always right with this!).
Keziah is still doing a great job with her chores.  I have seen some great improvement with remembering to do them herself without being asked.  One of the chores she has trouble remembering is to make her bed.  It's hard when she is sleepy when she wakes up and is focused on coming downstairs to find me.  She gets two chances a day though since she still takes naps.  If she doesn't get it done in the morning then she can still do it after her nap is over.  I don't know if this is a good, bad or doesn't really matter idea!  It's working for now and I think that little bit of leniency is helping her work into that responsibility!  She gets it done on most days!  And those are the days she gets stickers!
As for the calendar I told you to hold me to...I haven't gotten that done.  I guess she heard me talking about it because she doesn't do it as bad anymore.  Either that or I am getting better at giving her a heads up of what is coming.  I think it helps that we are in a pretty good routine now with Austin in school too.
One personality problem we are having with Keziah is she secretly thinks she is the boss (pretty typical, I'm sure). Although if you ask her she will correctly respond saying, "mommy and daddy are the bosses", she thinks she can tell us 'no' when she doesn't want to do something we tell her to do. This gets her in so much trouble lately.  Usually she gets sent to time out to which she typically responds yelling 'NO' and then she has to go directly to her room.  I don't know how to better handle a child who is flat out choosing to disrespect/disobey by saying no.  Any pointers would be strongly considered!!
I went through a bunch of clothes, that used to be Austin's, for my nephew and found a few that were too small for him but actually would fit Keziah.  I didn't think she would care too much for all the boy clothes I found but when I showed them to her, she was ecstatic.  They are all pretty boyish.  Mostly just jammies.  But she loves them all.  She of course had to try everything on!  There is one pair in particular that has a bunch of different sports balls all over it.  She came running to me saying, 'look mom, this one has a pocket even.'  She was so excited.  When she got over to me she had her hand in the little boy hole in the FRONT of the pants!  Pretty funny stuff!!  I didn't know what else to tell her except the truth!

Well, not much else to write. It won't be too long and I will be planning a duel birthday party! My girls are getting so big!

No comments: