Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Adah is 22 Months!!

I have a quirky almost 2 year old.  It's hard to believe!  She has such a secretive funny personality.  I will often catch her making funny faces by herself.  And her expressions are almost always to make someone laugh!  She likes to look at you out of the corner of her eyes to see if you are paying attention!  She continues to copy EVERYTHING everyone else does and it is teaching her so much.  She is literally a sponge!  She is catching onto the idea of an alphabet and will recite many letters in various orders, she will do the same with counting.  She hasn't really ever gotten three numbers in a row but she will sometimes tell you what's coming next if you are the one counting.  If she is counting something in a book or something in front of her she will sometimes even repeat the same number over and over as if she is counting.  Adah is also learning her colors also.  She has been getting most of them right but gets in a habit of calling everything green.  I know she knows them better than that so I'm not sure why she does that.  It might be her secretive goofiness coming out because sometimes she smirks about it!
I thought maybe Adah was going to escape the whole rash problem we went through with Keziah on her face, but she didn't.  It just came a little later!  It turns out Adah has just as sensitive of skin as Keziah.  In fact, I think it is probably even more so because Adah actually itches hers where as Kez was never bothered by it.  I do have to put Elidel around Adah's mouth every few days.  Some days it is much worse then others.  She will itch it and say it hurts too.  I feel bad for her.  The elidel really seems to help though so that is a good thing.  And I know there will be an end to it if she is like Kezzie because Kezzie doesn't have too many problems with her skin anymore.
Life is so good!  Adah is such a great sleeper.  She takes a 2-3 hour nap every day and still sleeps close to 12 hours at night.  She isn't the greatest eater but that makes it easy to tell when she is growing because she will eat a ton more when she is having a growth spurt.  And this month Adah actually placed the boppy pillow on my lap upstairs in her room while I was sitting waiting to read her a book.  She climbed up on my lap and laid down on it and asked for some milk.  It was just weird.  We had a little talk about how there isn't any milk in there anymore and that when there is, it will be for the baby in mommy's belly!  She still insisted but I just got a book and put the boppy away.  She was fine with that!  I am so blessed every day by this girl.  She makes me feel loved with her hugs and kisses and I wuv yous!  She is precious and amazing.  I thank God for her every day!!

No comments: