Wednesday, September 14, 2011

24 weeks prego!

And still no ultrasound :(
I'm feeling kind of frustrated because we haven't been approved by the insurance to have another ultrasound.  I called and the nurse called and they said there has to be a medical reason for it.  At my apt. today there weren't any reasons.  In fact, everything was pretty perfect.  I measured at 23 weeks (just a week behind) and the heart rate was perfect.  I guess I will just have to suck it up and accept the fact that we won't have another ultrasound!  I wouldn't want there to be a medical reason anyway!  I feel worried that the baby won't have the proper measurements done on the heart and limbs and brain, but my doctor said that she would take a look and do the best she could if we couldn't 'make up' a reason to pass through the insurance!  She said she is capable of doing it but that she would be more comfortable having somebody else looking at the ventricles of the brain, etc. because she isn't confident in those areas.  It's frustrating that it wouldn't be normal to have that mid-pregnancy full ultrasound deal.  I have only had one ultrasound at 12 weeks.  It's just weird to me!
I am feeling really good.  Not having too many problems with my back but periodically it acts up.  I have noticed that sitting on hard surfaces makes it especially bad (ie: sitting on the floor to do laundry or read books with the girls, etc.).  I am very thank-ful for the health of myself and the health of the baby.  I can't wait until next month to do it all over again!

No comments: