Monday, January 19, 2009

Weekend Fun!

It was a very busy but fun weekend. Originally we were just going to sit around and relax on Friday evening and thankfully we were doing just that when my Aunt Cindy and Uncle Perry and their four kids (plus a friend) showed up in their mini van that was having trouble. They live in MN so on their way to Cedar Falls, to celebrate the Smith family Christmas this weekend, they realized they were having some car trouble. It was a good thing they were in our town when it happened! We pulled it into the garage and he proceeded to find the problem only to find out the part he needed was in Cedar Falls. So my dad went and picked up the part and brought it to New Hampton. Him and my dad were able to get it fixed and they were all back on the road by about 9:30pm. I was really thankful for their misfortune because then I got to see them since Saturday we were unable to be at the Smith Christmas. We had plans of our own to drive to MN to attend Brady's first birthday party! It was a blast to hang out there and see Brady and Mat and Steph! Brady is getting so big...he is standing and walks while holding onto one hand. For his birthday he got some books, clothes and cute jammies. His Grandma Coyle brought over an old keyboard she had and Kezzie and Brady loved jamming out together! It was a short visit but a good time! We headed back home about 2:45pm and after battling the weather we arrived home about 6:15.



Austin was busy having a great time with the Smith's since my mom offered to watch him so he wouldn't miss out on the Christmas! My Aunt Jill always gets a hotel room when she comes to visit so that all the kids can go swimming together at the pool. Austin loves to swim so I am sure he was in heaven! Sunday morning Brian and I woke up to do our regular routine of church and then dinner at mom and dad's. We wanted to squeeze in some time to visit my Grandma Smith since she had just had surgery. So before going to church we stopped at her house! My grandma just adores Keziah and Keziah really loves playing catch with her dog!
Kezzie is going to be a piano player someday, I think (and I hope)! She right away saw Grandma Smith's piano and wanted to play it!
Sunday afternoon was different then usual. We headed back to the church because Kezzie and Bennett were getting dedicated at 3pm. There were several other kids being dedicated also! It was a special time for us to profess our faith and to commit ourselves to raising Kezzie to believe in Jesus and what he did for us on the cross. We are so blessed to have an awesome and loving God! I love the dress Kezzie wore because a friend of the family made that dress for me when I was Kezzie's age.

No comments: