Thursday, April 08, 2010

A Yay and an Ooops!

Tuesday night (4/6/10) Kezzie gave up the pacifier for good. She has gone through two pacis in the last three weeks due to biting holes in them and I finally decided I wasn't replacing another one at over two years old. To my surprise she was fine with this. She asks about it for nap and bed but doesn't put up a fight to get it. I put the pacifier on her dresser so she could still see it and that is where the paci 'went to sleep'. However, at nap time today I heard some footsteps and a crash. I was busy with Adah so I didn't get up there to check on her right away but when I did, she looked very nervous as I walked in. She was laying in bed sucking her paci! I asked her how she got it and she proceeded to tell me a long story of how she got her chair out and climbed on it, got her paci and then fell, etc.She almost started to whimper as if to get sympathy for the fall. The funny thing is she didn't want me to see the chair out so to keep me from noticing, even after falling off the chair, she took the time to put it back where it belonged! It is so crazy to me that she came up with this brilliant/sneaky idea all on her own. Oh and I forgot to mention...the first night she went to bed without it I was so focused on remembering to put her to bed without it that I forgot to put a diaper on her...luckily she woke at 6:30am yelling over the monitor "I got to pee, I got to pee". She was completely dry! Yay Kezzie!
The next morning was Kindermusik and we have to drive almost an hour to CF. As we were sitting in the parking lot of Gallagher I was nursing Adah before going in for class and Kezzie said she had to pee. I asked her if she was going to be able to hold it and she said yes. I was sitting there nervous she was going to pee and encouraging her to hold it. It was silent for a few seconds and she said, "Mom, don't be mad." I said, "why would mommy be mad?" She said, "I pee my pants." How could I possibly be upset when she is so darn cute?! But my question is...how does she make it 12 hours the night before but can't make it one hour the next day...it can be frustrating! Needless to say, I had both girls in new outfits before we even arrived in our Kindermusik class!

No comments: