Monday, July 28, 2008

Dance to the Music!

On Sunday mornings our family makes it a habit to go to church. Recently Kezzie has really been getting into this. Every-once-in-a-while we take her to the nursery, but this Sunday we didn't. For the first part of the service she needed to nurse so she and I were in the mother room for the worship time. We managed to make it back for the message and she did great...she sat so nice and quiet the whole time. Then when our Pastor was done talking we sang a couple more songs. Kezzie really comes to life when there is music to be heard! She dances (kicks her arms and legs really fast) and screams as if she is joining right in singing along. It is so sweet. I think it makes her so happy to 'sing' and worship our Jesus! It makes it really hard to want to take her to the nursery again knowing how much she enjoys the worship time, but we will just have to make it more of a habit to dance and sing at home too! I look at her while she is dancing in church, not caring at all if anyone is watching, and it makes me realize how little expression I show for everything God has done for me and my family. And even though she doesn't know yet what she is so excited about, it is so neat to be able to dance along with her and praise Him together!

2 comments:

Becky Bartlett said...

I love this thought, Erin! It's true that we stiffle our worship too much. Ohhh to be young and carefree- and to express exactly what we feel! We'll have to take lessons from little Kezzie. Thanks for sharing this!

The Josh Hill Family..... said...

Hey Erin! Kezzie is such a doll! I love the 8 month old pictures, and I love to picture her dancing in church! She is a great age right now, because she can't run from you in church! Stay cool...enjoy summer! I miss you!