Wednesday, July 09, 2008

A walk gone bad...really bad!

This is the second time I have decided to let Austin go to the pool on his own...he has friends there to play with and there are pleanty of lifeguards to watch him (and frankly we are growing tired of each other!). Brian came home to take him to the pool for me only to realize he didn't have any sunscreen on after he got there. I wasn't sure how long he would be at the pool so after about an hour Kezzie and I decided to walk to the pool and get the boy some sunscreen. I figured it was a nice day for a walk and I have been trying to get Kezzie to go longer stretches without napping (mistake #1) so we headed out on our 25 minute venture (mistake #2)! Getting to the pool was not a problem...we applied multiple layers of sunscreen to Austin and snapped a few unwilling pictures of him and his friends and headed back on our way home. Not even a minute into the walk Kezzie decided she was hot, hungry, and tired. What a miserable walk all the way home. She cried the entire time, I felt so bad...there wasn't a thing I could do to calm her. I didn't know I could walk that fast! Now I remember why we don't get to go on many long walks :)

1 comment:

The Steeles said...

Ugh, I had one of those really bad walks today too! We met up with that turkey that is STILL lingering and he chased me and the kids at FULL SPEED just because we walked near his woods! The kids were frantic, screaming, and running and that was pretty much the end of my wonderful quality time with the kids!