Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Sniffle Sniffle!

My buddy is going away to church camp tomorrow morning. I am driving him to Eldora where Camp Pine Lake is. He has to be there by 10am. He is only there from Thursday to Saturday but I am still going to miss him so much! I think Kezzie might miss him even more. We have a picture of Austin on our mantle that we show Kezzie when he is with his dad and she glows every time she sees it. The house definitely isn't the same when he isn't around. :( We love big brother! I say a prayer that he will learn all that God intends for him to learn and that he comes back a better person. He is really nervous about going (this is a first) so I also pray for peace and strength in his soul. He is going to do great and have a blast, I just know it!

A funny little side-note...we were getting him packed and ready to go and I was telling him the things he needed to stick in his bag. He took one look at his bag and looked up at me and said, "There isn't even going to be anybody there to help me keep track of all this stuff!" Maybe I do a little too much for him if at 9 years old he is just now realizing responsibility!! Oh the trials of growing up!

No comments: