Thursday, July 10, 2008

He's Gone :(

Well, my baby is off to camp...I felt like I was sending him off to college. I think he felt a bit like that's what was happening too. He was pretty nervous and tried getting back in the car a few times to come home with me. With Kezzie strapped on the front of me, we walked his belongings and bedding down to where he would be sleeping the next couple nights in a cabin. The guy who took us there said there would be about 6 boys in there with a counslor and I over heard there will be about 45 campers total. I'm sure he is having a blast now that I'm gone and I don't doubt that he is going to make some great friendships...oh the memories of camp from when I was his age!! Here he is trying to dodge a hug from me...I don't think I ever really got a proper good-bye!

As Kezzie and I left with sad faces, we didn't know what to do next (we didn't want to just go back home) so we called Grandma Smith at work since she would be going on lunch about the time we would be passing through Waterloo. I picked up some Culver's (yummy) and Kezzie and I went to her work for a visit. She had to eat lunch too but she got to spend a little time with Kezzie! And Kezzie and I got to stretch our legs a bit too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lovin the website. So I can keep up with you guys. I bet Austin is having a blast right now! I miss Kezi and I can't wait to see all the kids on Sunday!