Sunday, January 24, 2010

26 months old!


Can you believe how big Keziah is...she is so cute! And such a big helper these days! Things she loves to help with are: picking out Adah's next diaper (she will thumb through the diapers and find the sesame street character she wants Adah to wear next), she will unhook the dirty diaper and she will try to help wipe Adah's bottom. She loves to throw the dirty diapers away. She will gladly offer to help burp Adah (she actually does a really good job and doesn't hit too hard-she will do this with Adah over my shoulder), and if Adah is crying she will help her by putting her paci in. She proudly exclaims 'Kia (that's how she says her name) did it. I did it!' when she accomplishes something big like that.
I can't leave Keziah alone with Adah in the same room anymore. Kezzie used to pretty much ignore her but it seems like she is getting a lot more comfortable with Adah and thinks she can do all the things I do...like hold her whenever she wants. A couple of times she has just picked her up off the floor. The first time I caught her doing this she just wrapped her arms around the middle of her back and lifted resulting in Adah's head just hanging there. When I caught Kezzie doing this I gasped causing Kezzie to panic and just let go. Thankfully it was only from about a foot off the floor. And after a lot of soothing Adah was just fine. It only had to happen again for me to wake up and realize she can't be trusted! Kezzie is also starting to want to help more in the kitchen and since she got a step stool for Christmas this is a little more possible. She pretty much takes her stool everywhere with her...this can sometimes cause a lot of problems as it allows her to reach many more things! Keziah also LOVES to help me switch the laundry over. She gets upset when I throw a couple things in the dryer before she can get her one thing in. I need to work on patience!
Keziah says 'what mom' in such a teenagerish way (arms crossed and all). And she will refer to me as mom, mama, mommy depending on what she is trying to get out of me or get me to do for her! Same with dad, daddy, or dada. Another thing she is famous for saying is 'why? cuz.' as if she is asking a question and answering it herself. I guess I must answer her 'why' with 'cuz' a lot. She also answers many of my questions with 'I sure did' in a singing kind of voice. I just caught myself saying that for the first time tonight. Now I know where she gets it!
Keziah is also at the age where she would rather be naked or maybe she is testing out her undressing skills...Even though it is the middle of winter, most days she is getting undressed three or more times a day. I have started making her get herself dressed when she does this and she is getting quite good at dressing herself.
Keziah's favorite TV show is called Super Why. It's an adorable show teaching reading and spelling and she is learning her letters on there. She also learned a more jazzy version of the ABCs and sings the tune quite well! And of course her favorite movies are and probably always will be The Wiggles (we are now the proud owners of not one but four Wiggles movies and a Wiggles microphone along with the famous Wiggles jammies).
Keziah's favorite color: I didn't know a 2 year old could have a preference for color but Kezzie definitely does. If you ask her what kind of skittle she wants (for going potty) she will tell you 'gween pweese'. We have actually tried to get her to taste other colors and she insists that she get the color green. And if she sees something green she will point it out to me in great excitement. She LOVES the color green. I can't describe it...she just prefers it for everything!
A couple of bad habits Kezzie has picked up are 1) spitting. She evidently likes to watch her spit fall out of her mouth because she leans over whatever she intends to spit on (a couple of her favorite places are the fireplace and the arms of the furniture) and just makes a pile of spit. This little habit will send her straight to time out! I hope we can kick it soon! 2) gold digging. She just recently discovered the holes in her nose and the goop that develops inside them. Her fingers can be found there regularly! She has also started sticking things in them. I found her shoving a piece of string from the floor up in there this morning!
Keziah loves to pick up my phone. She will bring it to me to lock it for her so she can play with it. She will then pretend to be talking to 'grandma' and have everything in the world to say to her. She will pace around the living room and even use hand gestures. You can almost never understand what she is saying even though she has a very large vocabulary. I guess jibber jabber must resemble the way I talk on the phone!!
Keziah loves drawing too. She will sometimes want me to draw along with her. Some of her favorite requests are: a barn, chicken, pig, snake and bird. She will also claim her drawings are of these things. Sometimes they look somewhat like them but mostly she can only draw circles.
Keziah is great at reading. She loves to have me read to her but when I'm not available she will gladly read me a book. I am extremely amazed at how well she knows her books. She can read me a book almost word for word because she has them memorized. She just looks at the picture and knows the words that go along with it. I love hearing her read to me!
Keziah recently started counting beyond 10. She can usually get most of the numbers from 10-20. Some of them aren't in order but she is doing great. And she is recognizing more of her letters. While eating ABC spaghetti-o's she pointed out an O and W. I was shocked...her incredibleness will never cease to amaze me!
Keziah continues to make us laugh every day. I can't wait to share more with you next time!

No comments: