Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Mother's Day with a Twist!!

I have been anxiously waiting to share about my Mother's Day until a later date...I think the time is here!  I can't keep it a secret any longer!  We are having ANOTHER baby!  We are always a little skeptical about announcing such excitement because we aren't very far along, but the truth is it's just too hard to keep it a secret!!  Baby Uglum will arrive sometime between the end of Dec/beginning of Jan.  We are so thrilled!  I had a WONDERFUL mother's day.  We went to church and then went to mom and dad's like usual.  We had Famous Dave's for lunch so mom didn't have to do any cooking/cleaning.  I made a cake that looked like a sunflower (delicious)!  And mom opened her gift!  Kezzie loves presents so she was so excited to have grandma open her gift (even though she didn't know what was in there)!  We decorated a plain white bib and on the back side wrote Grand-baby #11 on it!  Everyone was VERY surprised!  So we took a picture of mom and dad holding the bib and holding 11 fingers up!  We also got some time outside.  Austin has a huge kite that he likes to fly out in the nearby field.  We all went out and watched him fly it.  It was the perfect day for it and he always does such a good job of keeping it in the air!  Later in the afternoon we headed to Brian's parents for some more excitement!  Kezzie was again very excited to watch grandma open her gift and couldn't understand what the big deal was about some random bib!  Kathy's bib had Grand-baby #6 written on the back!  So we took a picture of Riley and Kathy holding up 6 fingers with the bib!  I think they were pretty shocked but excited as well!  Adah always enjoys playing on the piano when we are there and I couldn't resist taking a picture of her!  She is such a doll!  The fun wasn't over because when we finally got home to our own house I still had my gift to open from Brian and the kids.  I collect Willow Tree Angels and so they got me a husband and wife holding the pregnant wife's tummy!  So beautiful!  I am so incredibly blessed to be called 'Mom'.  There is no better name!  I only wish I could have gotten a picture with my three favorite kiddos!   Thank-you God for the kids you have given me!  I love you guys!

1 comment:

Becky Bartlett said...

HOORAY!!!!!! Such exciting news! :) You're such a great mommy!!