Monday, June 27, 2011

Adah is 19 MONTHS!


Here is my 'pretty in pink' girl!  She is such a little doll!  She loves the camera and is always smiling or pretending to be mad and ignore you when you take her picture!  The picture on the bottom row of her in the rocking chair, she is doing just that!  She was trying to get me to take her picture the whole time I was taking a picture of Keziah and then when I focused on her she pretended not to notice me and purposely wouldn't smile or look at me!  Such a ham!
Adah has gotten in 2 more teeth this month.  The two top eye teeth.  I didn't notice exactly when they came in but sometime between June 15-18 ish.  I think she just has one more to go and she should be set for a few months!  I love the mouthful of teeth because she is able to eat things a little more easily!  Although she never keeps a bite of carrots in her mouth long enough to swallow, she can easily chomp a bite off a baby carrot and chew it to bits!

Adah's vocabulary has improved dramatically!  She is saying so many things and easily tries to repeat what you ask her to.  Her mind is a sponge and does a great job remembering all the words I teach her.  It's so amazing.  One of the sweetest things Adah started first repeating and then saying on her own is "I love you".  I keep telling myself I need to get this on video because it's the sweetest words you'll ever hear!  Ever since she was a little baby I would hold her in my arms with her looking up at me and with much expression (I get my head swaying back and forth and eyes closed) I say, "I love you".  That is exactly how she would repeat it, expressions and all.  Now she just says it.  I really think she knows what it means too.  She will come give me a hug and say "I wuv ooo".  When she says 'you' her lips pucker!  It's so sweet!  I will never forget it!

A big milestone this month is that we dropped another feeding!  As of June 21st Adah had her last night time breastfeeding.  It went so well when we dropped her nap time feeding that I thought we would start with her night time one and do her morning one last.  I think she is tired enough at bedtime that she just goes to bed without questioning it too much.  The first night was torture for me so much that I was second-guessing the whole thing but knowing it had to happen eventually I pressed on and night two was much less painful.  And Adah continued to do so well too.  She asks for it every-once-in-a-while, but I just tell her she can have water instead and she is satisfied.  She has a sippy cup of water in her crib with her and it's pretty much empty by morning!

Another healthy and blessed month!  I am so thankful for my little Adah.  She isn't so little anymore!  Oh how I am loving watching her grow!

No comments: