Monday, July 25, 2011

A special day!


Today was an extra special day spent at Lost Island Water Park!  I got to spend the whole day with Keziah and got to see Austin around every once in a while too.  Adah was with my sister Emily (thank-you so much Emily and Adam for taking her for the day) for most of the day and Adam for a little while in the evening.  It was the first time I had ever left her for that long and I'm pretty sure the first time she had ever been left without Keziah around.  It was by far a wonderful day for Kez and I.  We had so much quality time with each other.  She had such a blast and talked about it the whole way home (well, until she crashed).  We got invited to go with our friends and their daughter who is Kezzie's age.  They were chaperoning the youth group at Harvest Church in New Hampton.  Abbie and Kezzie had a lot of fun together too!  Kezzie and I even went on one of the bigger slides that has a bottom on the tube and holds five people (even though we were the only two in it).  She LOVED it but said she didn't want to go again!  She had her eyes closed the whole way down I think!  Her favorite things were the wave pool and lazy river.  I think she liked them the most because she was fully covered in water and 'swimming around' is her newest talent.  The whole day was exhausting for the two of us but so much fun!  Aside from eating lunch there, we treated ourselves to some chocolate dippin' dots which Kezzie thought was pretty neat.  Austin got to bring a friend (Logan) and we enjoyed meeting up here and there to say HI, but they pretty much kept busy by themselves.  Logan had never been to Lost Island so it was a lot of fun for him too.
I am so thankful for days like this.  And I can't wait to do it again next year!

No comments: