Wednesday, December 07, 2011

36 weeks prego and a check up!!

Yesterday I was 36 weeks pregnant.  I am feeling really good except for sleeping at night.  I am taking extra strength tylenol before bed and in the middle of the night to try to battle the pain.  My hips throb with pain and rolling over is the death of me.  It's temporary, I hope!  I'm sure when the baby is out I will be back to myself again!

We went to Mason City today for a check up with Dr. Hwang.  My belly measured at 37 weeks.  The baby's heart rate was in it's normal range of 140/150.  The fluid in the ventricles has increased quite a bit.  In the right ventricle there is 32mm of fluid, in the left one there is 20mm.  Dr. Hwang definitely feels like we need to have a c-section based on this information because he thinks her head is too big to deliver naturally.  He also feels like if we did try to deliver naturally the birth canal would put too much pressure on her already increased pressure brain.  I don't want to do more harm to her than what's already done so I agreed that would be best.  I am so upset with this delivery plan, but God knows what is best and is working it out according to his will.  So based on this we have to be seen in Iowa City.  This can't be done in New Hampton because the baby will need to be seen immediately by a neurosurgeon to determine if a shunt is needed (Dr. Hwang thinks this will definitely need to be done with the amount of fluid she has).  We were sent home to wait on a call for an appointment in Iowa City.  We will start with a baseline appointment where they do an exam and ultrasound to start their own file and we will also set up the date of the c-section.  I feel really anxious about this because Adah was 1.5 weeks early and Keziah was born in no time flat so for us to have 2.5 hours to drive to the hospital if I were to go into labor before the scheduled c-section makes me feel nervous.  I am praying they will get our appointment in Iowa City in a timely manor and then also that our c-section will be scheduled in a timely manor too.  God is in control, right?  I have to remind myself of that!!

Tomorrow I see Dr. Shea for my 36 week check (she was sick on Tuesday and rescheduled me to Thursday) and discuss with her what I am supposed to do if I go into labor before I even get to Iowa City!

UPDATE:  They called this afternoon and we have an appointment scheduled in Iowa City next Tuesday (Dec. 13th).  I am thrilled.  We don't have to wait too long then!!



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If you want to get a good deal from this piece of writing then you have
to apply these methods to your won blog.

Here is my site - aptamil pre 800g anfangsmilch