Sunday, December 25, 2011

Our Family Christmas!

We had such a wonderful Christmas!  I can't imagine anything better then having Eden home and not being away from our family for Christmas!  We woke up early Christmas Eve.  Eden needed to have her jaundice checked which meant a trip to the hospital for some blood work.  Brian took her to do that while I stayed and made homemade donuts with my new donut pan from Mat and Steph.  When Brian got back with Eden we opened presents.   The kids all got many things they are going to enjoy for days to come.  One thing we got for the family was a used Wii.  I am super excited to have this around to spend time doing with the kids.  We have some fun games to go with it and I got Austin and Brian the wii game Wipe Out (a game show they like to watch).  This year I had the pleasure of seeing Austin give his sisters gifts that he bought with his own money and picked out at the store for them.  They were so happy and will probably never forget where those gifts came from.  Keziah got a hippo webkin and Adah got a doll that talks.  I know I have said it many times before, but Austin has such a caring heart!  I love that kid!  And the girls adore him too!
I feel like this year has been so much more stressful with our pregnancy and then Eden's birth, that I have somewhat forgotten what Christmas is about.  I feel like I have just been trying to 'get things done' and have sort of gotten lost in the busyness of life.  When Eden was born and I was alone in the NICU I had time to reflect on what a gift she is and what a gift God's son was and still is. The Bible is real. Jesus is real.  It's that simple.  We all know the story...He was brought here as a little baby born to the virgin Mary.  He grew up as a man like all of us and then hung on a cross to die for US so our sins could be forgiven so that we can live.  I can never imagine giving my child to die for anybody like Jesus did for us.  What an amazing story!  God is so good and has such an amazing plan for all of us just like he did his own son.  I am grateful Eden got to be a part of it this year and many years to come!  God bless everyone!  Merry Christmas!

No comments: