Thursday, December 24, 2009

Keziah's 25 months!


Instead of the big brown chair I think we will start taking her monthly pictures in her rocking chair. One of these days I will take a picture of her in something other than her jammies! And this other picture is her sporting her new robe. She loves it and looks so cute after a bath!

My angel is now 25 months old. Not much changes with her these days. I would say she has become a little more ornery. I think that goes with being 2 though! And having a little sister to compete with! She really is a good girl and does very well at listening. She still wants to please me so it makes discipline pretty easy! For the really trying times she has to sit on the carpet for 2 minutes and when she gets up she has to apologize. She is very cooperative. Although there have been a couple times that I have had to send her to her room for a time out. She really hates that.
Keziah is sleeping from about 8-8 and still takes an afternoon nap for about 2 hours. Sometimes more sometimes less. She is a great eater. She loves peas (frozen or cooked) and broccoli. She will eat any kind of fruit and thinks of bread as the main course! She isn't a fan of carrots or green beans but will eat them occasionally. She gets pretty excited about mac and cheese, pizza and hot dogs but will eat just about anything you give her!
A funny thing to note about Kezzie is she has kind of started getting into Blue's Clues. And for those of you who have seen it you know that Steve 'skadoos' into pictures-meaning he can go into any picture he wants and live in it for a little bit. One of Kezzie's favorite things to do is look at photo albums and she frequently gets on top of a picture and tries to skadoo into the picture. She will say 'get in this picture'. It is so cute some of the pictures she tries to get into.
Kezzie is waking up dry more often in the morning now. I still wouldn't dare leave a diaper off but I think she is starting to hold it more. She has also woken up a couple times in the night this month to have us take her potty. One night though (I must have had my head on backwards) I forgot to put a diaper on her...that was not one of the nights she decided to hold it either. Brian and I were awakened by her saying 'all wet'. I knew exactly what she was saying because a couple weeks earlier she must have scratched her back and her diaper came loose and the same thing happened. This time though, Brian went upstairs to help her (I was nursing) and searched everywhere for her diaper. He yelled down the stairs asking if I forgot to put one on her and that's when it hit me! I don't think I will be making that mistake again!
Another funny thing...Kezzie wakes frequently from her nap with her socks on her hands. Don't know why she likes them there!
Also I have to take note of her dry skin. It has really escalated this winter and has actually kept her up itching a few times at night. We try benadryl to stop the itching and then also use aquaphilic cream and have even tried a couple other creams. I have a vaporizer in her room running but nothing seems to be making it better. One more reason to wish winter was over!
Well, that's it for another month. In the meantime, she's going to keep making us laugh! And I will tell you all about it next time!

No comments: