Thursday, December 24, 2009

Uglum Christmas!


What a great day! We woke up early this morning to celebrate Christmas since we will be with my family tonight until Saturday. It was so much fun getting Keziah excited for Santa to come. I don't know if she fully understands the process but I am guessing she will by the time the season is over! I finally broke down and told her Santa brings gifts...I swore I would never do it to another child after seeing how devastated Austin was when he found out a couple years ago that Santa isn't real. I guess it's just easier to go along with what the majority of the world (and our families) tell their kids. It's something I will struggle with. I guess as long as I still make sure my kids know the true meaning of Christmas, I shouldn't beat myself up over it! Either way, it was a blast watching the kids open the gifts we have been collecting for them over the past couple months. Adah slept through the whole thing not even waking to eat until it was all over. After breakfast and the enjoyment of all the gifts, we hurried and got packed to go to my mom and dad's house. We knew with the weather forecast that we only had a couple of good hours for travel. Here are some of my favorite photos. Kezzie with her new violin (she has been into violins a lot lately), Austin with all his new cool Hawkeye gear and Adah finally joining the party, all dressed and ready to go to grandma and papa's house!
One neat thing I experienced this Christmas was Austin giving to Keziah. He had a couple days where he took her 'shopping' down in his room and let her pick out several things of his that she wanted. He then wrapped them and placed them under the tree for her to open. He was really excited about it and had her open his gifts first. These things were: a train whistle, a mini flash light and a rubber spider. I am thinking there were more things then those three but I don't remember what! It was so sweet of him!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: