Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Keziah is 31 MONTHS!



I can't believe it either...she is another month older! How does this happen? Time is going by so quickly and the saying is true "Time flies when you are having fun" and nothing describes life better with the kids God has given me!
Kezzie is getting smarter, of course! She has been able to count to 10 for a long time now but this month learned how to make it to 20. Just recently she started to count beyond 20. If you help her get started she can usually continue on to 30. She will frequently miss a number here and there though! Still, very impressive! Another thing she is doing is she is 'measuring things'. She will stretch out a toy or piece of string and say 'twenty pounds' as if to say its length. So cute! She says the same thing when she is weighing herself too. I suppose the doctor's office is where she is getting the idea from!
Every morning Kezzie gets the farm animals out of her barn and lines them up. They can't ever be lined up on the floor though, they must be standing on some kind of pedestal. She gets frustrated if she can't find something to stand one of them on. She pretty much leaves them to sit there for the rest of the day until clean up and then she does it all over again the next day. She has recently even started lining up the animals from her Little People Noah's Ark set.
She isn't doing the greatest at listening these days. I am sure it is her age but I feel like I am failing miserably as a parent...any tips on getting her to do better with this would be great!
Kezzie is starting to say the funniest things-some that make sense and some that I can see how she would think they make sense. I will be starting to record these so I can share them with you and keep them for my own records! She makes me laugh so much by her goofiness! I just love this girl!
Still her favorite thing, by far, is the Wiggles. However, Dora is coming in a very close second. I think she struggles with who she wants to watch between the two every time we get in the car for a long ride.
Kezzie has really taken an interest in Adah lately. She loves to make her laugh and smile. She will copy things that I do to get Adah to smile (ie: if I pretend laugh uncontrollably to Adah she will laugh hysterically-Kezzie will do this at random times, sometimes it works!). She is also a very big helper when I need a burp clothe or Adah's paci. I have also caught her rubbing Adah's head to soothe her when she is crying. And very often Kezzie is quick to show Adah off to people at the grocery store or wherever we venture out to. You better believe that there is also another extreme to this relationship! Kezzie HATES to share (so abnormal, huh?) and will pretty much do whatever it takes to get her toys away from Adah. I have witnessed some brutal behavior coming from such a tiny person! She will shove her, poke her and just plain yank a toy right out of her mouth/hands if she doesn't want her to have it. Kezzie will always claim that it isn't safe for Adah to have and that's why she is taking it away. What a great Love/Hate relationship!
I can't express enough how incredibly blessed we are. God has given me an enormous job and responsibility. It is a great journey that He is leading me on!

No comments: