Friday, August 27, 2010

Adah is 9 MONTHS!

In an effort to get this post up and published I am going to list the several milestones Adah has accomplished this last month. I can't believe it when I look back at my notes and see that she just learned to sit herself up to a sitting position from her belly on August 2nd. She must have wanted to practice her new skill at all hours because a couple days later she started crying in the night and when I went into her room I found her sitting up staring at the door!
Another big deal in the life of Adah is she got her first tooth (bottom right) on August 1st! On August 3rd Adah took her first few crawls...finally since she has been thinking about the idea for a while now! On August 5th I found Adah standing in her crib when I went to get her in the morning! Adah pulls herself up to everything and even thinks about letting go from her support (8/11/10). I have a bet with Brian that she is going to be walking by 10 months! However, Adah is pretty much moving along the same track as Keziah did and she didn't walk until 13 or 14 months old!
Adah FINALLY learned to get down from a standing position all by herself on 8/26. I say finally but it really only seemed like longer than it was...she would always cry so much when she couldn't get back down! It took a bit of practice and a few falls that just scared her, but she realizes now it's no big deal and that the floor really isn't that far away!
Adah is now walking along the edge of things (couch, coffee table, etc.). She still looks really nervous doing it but does a great job! And I think it is safe to say Adah is a full-time crawler today. Over the last couple of days I have noticed her preferring her hands and knees to her belly and elbows...oh the ways she is growing!
Adah had a 9 month check up this morning. She weighs 18 lbs. 8 oz. (50%). She is 28.25 inches (75%) tall and her head is 17 inches around (25%). She didn't have to have any shots so that was nice! Although you wouldn't know it by the way she was acting when the doctor was looking her over...she screamed bloody murder! We had to have to doc look extra close at her ears because she has cold symptoms and was around her cousins who were sick last weekend. When she is nursing especially you can hear the congestion and I feel so bad for her. However, the doc said everything looks great and that she may not even have a cold after all...it might be seasonal allergies-yuck!
Adah has a great routine going. She is still an avid nurser feeding five times a day.
Wake at 7/7:30
Nurse upon waking
1/4C Oatmeal baby cereal mixed with culturel and breast milk around 8:30.
Nap at 9
Wake at 10/10:30
Nurse around 10:30/11
Veggie at 12
Nurse at 1:30
Nap right after milk
Wake at 3/3:30
Nurse at 4/4:30
Veggie and Fruit at 5
1/4C oatmeal baby cereal mixed with fruit and water at 6:30
Bath around 7 every other night
Nurse around 7:30
Bed for the night right after milk.
She will almost always fall asleep on me at her afternoon nap and bed time. It's the sweetest thing and a highly valued time by me! I love cuddling my baby!
Adah is such a blessing and fun little baby! I am pretty sure Kezzie is even starting to like her a little!!

No comments: