Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Eden is 4 MONTHS!!

Eden turned 4 months old on the 14th, but today (4-17-12) she had her check up!  We decided not to do shots since she is still trying to get established with her steroids.  She is looking great with everything else developmentally and growth wise.  She is smiling, cooing, laughing, reaching, etc.  We will have to come back to get some blood work done as well as to get her shots in a few more days.
Eden weighed in at 11 lbs. 12.5oz.  and measured 24" long.  Her head was 41.5cm and her chest was 37cm.

UPDATE***I took Eden in yesterday to get her blood work.  She had to have her electrolytes checked to see how she was handling the steroid.  Her levels looked normal.  One thing Dr. Himali (our neurologist fellow in IC) said is that the lab tech must have squeezed it out of her heel (which she did) because her potassium level was very high.  It probably should have been drawn out through her arm, but Dr. Himali said it was fine, we didn't need to re-do it.

I took Eden in today (4-24-12) to get her 4 month old shots.  She handled them quite well!  We also had to get her blood pressure checked since I was supposed to do that yesterday when I got her blood drawn.  The steroids can also cause her bp to go way up so they need to check on that as well.  It was something like 93/67 or 97/63...I can't remember!  All I know is it is pretty normal and nothing to be concerned about for now!

On the 14th (the day before my birthday and the day Eden turned 4 months), Brian took all of the kids to town to pick out a card and gift for me.  He left Eden and I home by ourselves.  It was HEAVEN!  We cuddled in the chair the whole time they were gone (almost an hour).  When they got home Adah instantly took to cuddling with us and even brought her babies to fall asleep on her like Eden did on me!  She is my little miss mommy!

Austin went to all the effort of setting up our small camping tent in our living room and put all kinds of pillows and blankets in there and then set up a movie for him and the girls.  This is in an attempt to keep the girls out of my hair as a gift to me on my birthday!  I only liked it for a little while!!!  Have I mentioned that Austin is such a sweetie!

No comments: