Monday, April 02, 2012

A great weekend...

We started out the weekend with a baby shower for a great friend of mine.  I originally went to it by myself (with Eden) but when I got there, she had her daughter there that is Kezzie's age so I went back home and got the two girls.  While at the party the girls got to play with a kitty, have a picnic and play with friends.  And I got to have some adult conversation. 
That evening we headed to CF to spend some time with my sisters and their kids.  We had a nice supper at I-Hop even though the kids got a little crazy and were wrestling in between the tables!  We kind of wondered if we were crazy to be there with 9 kids, 8 of which are 5 or younger!  We then headed over to the crossroads mall where we planned on going to the teddy bear connection shop but it closed.  Jamie had gotten all the kids gift cards to that place for Christmas but unfortunately they went out of business.  We did however see the Easter bunny and play in the climbing area and ride the carousel, so it wasn't all a loss!  I think the kids just enjoyed being together and I certainly enjoyed hanging out with my seeesters!  Brian, Keith and Adam were having some fun of their own playing cards at Adam's brother's house.

On Sunday we went to church and then went back to mom and dad's for lunch and Easter egg dying and ice cream sandwich eating!!

On Sunday night I stayed at mom and dad's because Emily's babysitter was having surgery so she wasn't taking kids and Emily really needed somebody for the two younger ones for Monday.  I said of course I would do it!  Austin headed home with Brian and I stayed behind with the three girls...I had so much fun with those kiddos and the day just flew by!  Alanna LOVES to put on shoes!  The girls really enjoyed playing with play dough.  And Bennett just couldn't get enough of Eden!
A funny thing Kez and Benne said: They were playing with some sort of building thing (like knex or something) and they had one long red piece each.  They kept carrying them around in their mouths.  I asked them what it was supposed to be to which they responded saying, "it makes us talk like a man."  Not sure what that meant, but it was pretty funny!

No comments: