Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Smith Christmas 2012

We celebrated the weekend before Christmas with my side of the family.  We started out Friday night getting together with the Alderman's because they were unable to come on Saturday.  Friday was like Christmas eve and so we did our traditional hors d'oeuvres and everybody brought one to share.  We had a great time and the cousins all had fun playing together.  Molly loves backpacks and she struck big getting one from each Emily and I (we found out she also got one from her other grandma)!  I don't think Gavin was too disappointed either!  We got him the new loopz game!  It got late and kids needed to go to bed so the Alderman's and Thilges' went home.  Us and the Recker's all stayed the night.  Here are some pics from our evening...

The next morning the kids woke to find the tree covered in gifts and a delicious breakfast in the oven!

Some of my favorites of Eden!  She took a little break and took a nap, then when she was up and all dressed she opened some more!  She is really starting to get the hang of this present thing!

Some of my favorites of Kez!  She is getting so grown up!  Is 5 when people usually notice a big change?  I just think she is looking so grown up, and talks like it too!!  Austin received many great things but unfortunately every time I took his picture there was something in front of his face.  This is the only good one I got during gifts.  In this one he opened the blanket in the picture below it.  My mom made several of the grandkids their own blankets!

And of course some of my Adah favorites.  Not very many...but I love the one of the sun shining in and Austin is helping Adah put on her new slippers (both girls received slippers).  He's such a great brother!

Here are some great photos of others.  Bennett got some new skates

I made mom a basket full of rocks with each family member name on them.  They are to be used in helping set the table on Sunday mornings!!  I found this cute idea on pinterest and she loved it!
Here she is opening it!

Austin got a paper airplane launcher and he and Keith are trying to assemble it! (I guess I did get another good photo of Austin!)

They are all ready to head outside for a bit! (L-R: Ethan 6, Bennett 4, Adah 3, Keziah 5)

All trekking down the stairs...Em making sure nobody trips and falls!

Another great year in the books!  We are so blessed and grateful for the family we have.  
Poor Reckers, though...Rylan and Aria were puking in the night/morning.  It made for a tense kind of day not knowing if we were all being exposed, but in the end it turned out ok.  The Reckers did end up going home Saturday evening though, got some much needed rest and were feeling better in no time!  
Merry Christmas all!

No comments: