Wednesday, August 20, 2008

First day of Fourth Grade!

Austin starts fourth grade today...I can't believe it! This is the first year that he will have a home room, class periods and even a locker. We took him yesterday for orientation and learned where his three classrooms are and worked a bit on figuring out the locker combination...that could be a challenge! By the time we left he had successfully opened his locker twice on his own and as of this morning could still remember his combo. I think he is going to do great. And although he won't admit to anyone, he admits to me that he is really excited for this school year. He secretly likes school and loves seeing his friends. I am pretty sure we were both ready for him to go back! I will miss him too though! He didn't want a ride on his first day of school (imagine that), so he rode his bike!

No comments: