Saturday, August 23, 2008

Happy Birthday Austin!!

DOUBLE DIGITS!!
Is it really possible that I have a child with double digits? Time has flown by so quickly! He is becoming such a little man...showering every day...wearing deodorant...where did my little baby go?!! I thank God for giving Austin to me to be his mom for however long he is on this earth. I can't imagine where my life would be without him. And even though 10 years ago I wasn't in the best place of my life, God had a plan...and Austin was definitely a part of it! Happy Birthday Austin! OK-Enough of that!!
We celebrated his party pretty much all weekend. He was allowed two friends to stay the night on Friday (8/22). The boys (Austin Smith, Austin Schmidt, Jake Usher) all walked home from school. They played outside a lot and rode bikes. For dinner we made one of Austin's favorites...chicken fettuccine alfredo and for dessert we made dirt cups with gummy worms. The boys had the basement all to themselves and were free to watch TV, play the play station, and talk to their heart's content (and boy can boys talk!). I think they were up until close to midnight. Austin said he had a pretty good time! Saturday (8/23) the boys woke up by 7 (before Kezzie even!) and immediately wanted to go outside to ride bikes. They came in for some cinnamon rolls and then headed back outside. By 10:30 we got loaded up to head over to the Super 8 for his swim party.
There, we ordered Casey's pizza,
had cake (I could hardly make a cake for my nephew and not one for my own son...he loved it) and ice cream, and did a lot of swimming (the water was a tad cold so the hot tub was a huge success),oh, and we can't forget presents! Some of the gifts he received were: two footballs, a Chickasaws baseball cap, a squirt gun, some money and a nurf gun. The party was from 11-1. The kids that Austin invited were: Jake Usher, Austin Scmidt, Carter Stochl, Michael Brock, Brock Hanawalt, Logan Burke and Keegan Tenge (Zach Heying, Eric Shatek, Dylan Robinson, Keaton Geerts and Cole Roberson were unable to attend). Austin learned how to do a somersault off the edge of the pool into the water. He was pretty excited and said, "Imagine what I can do off the diving board now!"
Kezzie just played with my water bottle and rolled it around on the floor, she was also very entertained by all the boys getting in and out of the water!

2 comments:

Becky Bartlett said...

Double digits! WOW!! Looks like the party was fun. And your cake turned out awesome!! Nice job, mom.

Emily said...

What a cute cake Erin! I can't believe my sweet nephew is 10. I love you so much Austin!