Monday, August 18, 2008

Getting Big!

This week Kezzie has started to bite while nursing. Not too pleasant of an experience. At first I think she was doing it to satisfy her need to bite for her teething and I would flick her mouth to get her to stop. She was startled at first but now it is clear to me she is biting just to get a reaction out of me. She will do the motion like she is going to bite and then look at me to see how I am going to react. I think she's going to be a handful someday! She does this at every feeding so now I sit in terror, worried she is going to clamp down at any moment. I'm pretty sure she has earned herself a ticket to being weaned if this isn't just a short phase! (week of 8/11)

It was just a short phase...it's over, for now anyway. (8/19)

Kezzie is developing such a preference for things. She has always loved certain toys, which is common among kids...however, she has a couple strange preferences. For example, she refuses to wear her bib while eating in the high chair. She will yank and pull and even scream until she either gets it off or I take it off. She refuses to wear the shoulder straps in the high chair too (again, she just screams). She doesn't like her head to be touched. It could just barely tap something on the way to a sitting position and she gets so sensitive about it. And while nursing she gets really frustrated if my 'free' hand is relaxed on her body. She will grab it and lift it off her until I move it out of the way.

Kezzie is starting to move a couple crawls at a time. She gets on her knees a lot and then only goes a few moves. She realizes it would take a lot of time and concentration to get where she wants to go if she does it that way, so she quickly resorts to the tummy. (8/11)

Kezzie went from a tummy position to a sitting position for the first time. (8/11)

Kezzie is really good at responding when her name is called (Kezzie, Keziah, Kez) and has been responding to that for a couple months now.

Kezzie is waving bye bye to people and things (if we go upstairs from the living room she waves even if there isn't anybody in the living room). (7/28) And recently started waving hello too. (8/14)

Kezzie is really starting to jibber jabber syllables other than ma and da! It honestly sounds like she is trying to tell me something! It's so cute! (8/14)

First time in the wide open big bath and we had to lower the crib a notch (see earlier post). (8/16)

No comments: