Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Adah is 16 & 17 MONTHS!

Adah at 17 months!
4 days before 16 months!
This was actually a result of me taking Kezzie's month pictures.  Adah just had to have her picture taken too and they turned out so cute!  She is such a ham ball!
16 months old!
Here is Adah at 16 months!  She loves glasses, headbands, goggles, hats, etc.  Pretty much anything that she can put on her head/face she will wear around for quite a while at a time!
Adah is such a copy cat!  I don't know what kid isn't at this age but it's so fun to watch her try to imitate you!  Adah loves birds!  We have a bird feeder right outside our living room window and she gets super excited when birds come to eat!
Words Adah says: Hi, Ahtin (Austin), up, out, done, apuhm (apple), gook (book), baby, lanna (cousin Alanna), lella (Bella), puppy, cat, meow, moo, baa, quack, duck, off, hot...I will have to think some more!  She is great at signing: milk, book, eat, please, movie, drink, all done, more, hello/bye, bath, thank-you.
Whenever I leave the room for even a second, she know it and will start yelling, "mooooommmmm".  It's pretty cute and I usually holler back, "Aaaaadaaaaah".  She thinks this is a fun game! 
One thing I am really enjoying with Adah is prayer.  We have been trying to remember to do it just the two of us before bed every night.  We pray at supper but this is different...she sits on my lap facing me and sometimes she will rest her forehead on mine or lay her head on my shoulder and I will say a prayer about her and about our day and our time together and you can tell she loves it!
A funny story about Adah:  a while ago...probably a month at least, I was doing some spot cleaning around the house.  Adah had followed me into the bathroom where I noticed some dust collecting on the kleenex dispenser.  I lightly blew some air at the top of it to blow all the dust away and apparently Adah was watching because now every time she walks into the bathroom she climbs up onto the stool and blows the kleenexes!  I can't believe she even remembers me doing such a thing.  She's my little helper, keepin' those kleenexes dust free!
Adah's schedule is pretty much the same.  And even though it's been two months since I posted her schedule, she is actually still nursing 3 times a day!  I don't see her making changes to that anytime soon, but I could be wrong!  One change she did have is she dropped her morning nap mid April.  She is still occasionally taking it, (1-2 times/week) but it is typically best if she doesn't have one at all!  This is kind of nice because it leaves the mornings open to do other things.  But one down side is the girls aren't really ready to eat/take afternoon naps at the same time anymore.  I have to push Adah to wait 'til 11:30/12 for lunch and then I have to push to keep her up until 12:30/1 so Kezzie is ready for a nap too.  It's all worth it though when I am sitting her blogging to you with no noise around me, or sorting laundry without somebody unsorting it!
I also wanted to make note that Adah quit her breakfast infant cereal mid April too.  I have religiously pumped milk every morning to mix in with Adah's cereal and when we went on our mini vacation I didn't do it while we were gone and didn't feel like picking it back up when we got back.  Adah seemed to make up for it by drinking both sides so I wasn't uncomfortable anyway!  It was an easy transition for both of us.  I still occasionally give her cereal mixed with fruit and water but mostly just give her what everybody else is having! 
We continue to have fun playing tickling games, chasing Adah around the room, rolling and bouncing a ball, and just plain loving her!  She is such a joy to be around and I can't wait to see what the next month is going to bring!  We love you Adah!

No comments: