Saturday, June 02, 2012

Happy Birthday Grandma!

My grandma turned 85 years old today!  I love her so much and am so thankful for every day that we get to have her around!  She has taught me a lot of things about life, one of them being what it means to live a life for Christ.  She never forgets a birthday and always includes a well thought out Bible verse in our cards.  She always makes sure to tell us she loves us and tells me every time I see her that she is praying for me and each of my kids every day.  I believe her when she says that!  Prayer time has always been a priority in her daily routine and I think I will always remember that about her!  We celebrated the day just how she wanted and that was lunch at The Chinese Buffet with all her family there.  My aunt came up with a great idea to write on 85 cut out hearts 'why we love her' and then we gave them to her.  She loved it!  After we ate lunch we all went back to mom and dad's to spend some more time together before everyone parted ways to travel home.  It was a great day!  I am so thankful for my family and blessed to still have my grandma around to hug me tight and tell me she is praying for me!  Love you grandma!

No comments: