Monday, April 27, 2009

New chair!

New Hampton had their city wide garage sales this last weekend so Kezzie and I got up early on Thursday and went out with a list of things we were looking to get a bargain on. Proudly I was able to find the thing at the top of my list...a little rocking chair for Kezzie. She loves it so much! This morning I was cleaning up in the kitchen and she came running in from the living room saying a word I was unsure of ('chay') so my next move was to say, "show mommy". She quickly went running into the living room signing "more" and saying the word ("chay') over and over. She walked me over to her new rocking chair. The word finally made sense! She can actually say it pretty good except I wouldn't have ever expected her to be saying it with such urgency! And as for signing "more"...I'm not sure what that was all about!!Another funny thing Kezzie did this morning was she found a book she hadn't seen in a while. In it there is some pictures of different first words. On one particular spread there was a cup and train. She was getting really mad and frustrated because she couldn't pick up the objects and use them. She kept pinching the edge of the image to try and pull it out of the picture. I kept telling her it was just a picture in a book. Of course she didn't understand and I had to distract her to move onto something else. It's so weird how kids understand things!

No comments: