Thursday, November 19, 2009

Surgery Update!

Brian went in for surgery yesterday at Allen. They were going in with a scope because they didn't know exactly what was wrong with it and ended up finding quite a bit to repair in the back of the shoulder. All his previous work has been done in the front so it was pretty encouraging to know this was a completely different area. They put in 6 anchors and pulled from the bicep up to tighten it. He said this is by far the most painful surgery he has had on his shoulder. We got to the hospital at noon and he didn't go in for surgery until 3:40 (they were really behind). At about 7:30 I met with the surgeon and he told me what he found. I didn't see Brian until 9:00. We finally made it back to my parents' house at midnight after running across Waterloo to pick up prescriptions at the only 24 hour pharmacy in town. It was a not fun experience...let me tell you! At 37 weeks pregnant, the hospital was not the first place I would have chosen to be spending almost 12 hours! We are thankful however that he came out of surgery ok and that he is now on his way to recovery!

No comments: