Sunday, June 21, 2009

Daddy's Away...

6/17 Brian left for a business trip with his dad this morning :( We will miss him very much but thankfully I have some fun things planned for us while he is away. Tonight the fun is just for me...Grandma Uglum is coming to watch the kids while I take a trek to Waterloo to meet up with my sis Emily to have dinner and go to a movie. We ate at Applebee's and then headed to target to stock up on some movie candy. We then headed over to the theater to catch a 7:30 movie-The Hangover. What a hilarious movie by the way!! Aside from Kathy needing to take Kezzie out of bed to go downstairs due to a tornado in Charles City, the night was pretty awesome. A great way to relax and refresh!

6/18 Mom and dad arrived about 8 pm. They were coming to stay with me so that the next morning they could head on to the river and take Austin with them. It was really nice to have them here. Austin couldn't be happier that he was finally going to get to do some fishing!
6/19 Mom and dad left at about 8:30am and took Austin with them :( About 2pm my best friend growing up came to stay with me. I thought she was coming just over night but she ended up staying until Sunday. It was such a treat to have her here. It's been over a year since I last saw her and we had a lot to catch up on. We went on a walk with Kezzie stopping at some shops along the way, went out to eat, watched a movie, and painted my entire living room (see a later post). Without her help, it never would have gotten done!
6/20 Brian came home around 2:15pm...I couldn't be happier to see him (I think Kezzie felt the same way)!!

6/21 It was so nice to have Brian home for Father's Day and aside from visiting his parents (and his sister and brother in law were home with their son Brady), we didn't do anything but relax!
Here is Kezzie and Brady playing in their favorite cupboard at Grandma and Grandpa Uglum's house!

No comments: