Wednesday, June 24, 2009

A new look!

6/20 So while Brian was away a good friend of mine came to visit (see previous post). While sitting in the living room (on the day Brian was to come back), we were watching the home improvement channel and I stated that I wish I had a project to do around the house but that I never seem to have the proper supplies to accomplish the home improvements I want to do. Angela so nicely and jokingly stated "well, I'm pretty tired of looking at these white walls!" I was so happy she said something because I knew she was really good at decorating and I had meant to talk to her about what colors she would suggest throughout the house. We have lived here for over 2 years and had hardly painted anything because I have been too afraid. After taking a walk to the local hardware store and grabbing a hand full of paint swatches, we proceeded to pick paint colors for both the living room and kitchen. Brian arrived home that afternoon and with a plan for convincing him of our ideas, we approached him with the subject and he approved!!! After Kezzie went to bed that night it was go time and we didn't stop until almost 3am. We just had to finish. Angela was set to leave the next morning and she really wanted to be able to see her hard work pay off. The finished product was beautiful!

6/23 Now to paint the kitchen...this was something I had to do on my own. It took me two days to complete but it is now finished also! Kezzie was very patient with me and has probably seen more Elmo then I would like to admit! She really enjoyed climbing the ladder and 'helping' paint with a clean paintbrush. I mostly worked on it while she was napping and in bed though! I love it! And I got to surprise Austin too...after going to the river with my mom and dad he then went home to Cedar Falls with them where his dad picked him up on Sunday and kept him until today 6/24. He got home at 2:30 pm just before I was able to finish painting! He right away said how much more cozy and warm the house felt now that it was painted. I think he is right!

(the red is just on the one wall with the cupboards and appliances and the rest of the kitchen is in the cashew color)

1 comment:

Emily said...

I LOVE it!!!! That looks fantastic Erin! Good job!