Sunday, June 28, 2009

Sturgis Falls Celebration!



Sturgis Falls is usually a pretty fun time to do some stuff outside as a family. That's why we decided to get up early on Saturday morning and get packed to head to Cedar Falls for the rest of the weekend. The Sturgis Falls parade was to start at 10 so we planned to make it in time for that. My sister, Emily and one of her boys, Ethan sat on Main street and saved seats for us all. When we got there the heat seemed tolerable but the longer we sat there the more we realized how miserable we were. The temp was reaching between 95 and 100 and with barely any wind and the sun shining directly on us, I thought I was going to melt away! Not to mention the fact that Kezzie had been battling diarrhea and a fever the 3 days prior to this. I was so worried about her getting dehydrated and then worried that she was going to pee her pants from all the water I was making her drink that I don't think I enjoyed a minute of the parade! We took breaks every so often and went inside a nearby air conditioned restaurant but that only seemed to make the heat feel worse. We eventually decided to leave the parade early and head home to mom and dad's where the air was on and Kezzie could eat lunch and nap. The walk to the car was no small feat though either. Between me, Austin and Brian we all took turns pushing Kezzie in the stroller up and down the hills of Cedar Falls! My 10 year high school reunion was to take place in a half hour so the realization that I was going to miss that made me feel even more bummed. The day was not turning out so well! After Kezzie got a good nap in, we were feeling a little more hopeful and ready to tackle the hot weather again so we (Brian, Austin, Kez and myself) decided to venture out and walk around a little and maybe even let the kids ride a couple rides (never mind that, they were outrageous)! We settled for a funnel cake and thought it would be more worth our money to go eat at Old Chicago! Feeling very full and tired from the sun we headed back to mom and dad's to relax for the rest of the weekend. Church in the morning and then home to start another week!

No comments: