Sunday, August 07, 2011

River Fun Take 1!


We came to the river early on Friday to get a good start.  This is the first weekend we have been able to pull the camper in and enjoy it all.  It was sooooo good to be back.  It was pretty hot though and to top it off, when I arrived just shortly before nap time was to take place on Friday (in 99 degree weather) I discovered we had no electricity because my uncle was in the process of switching some things around.  This meant that I couldn't run any fans, obviously so no naps were taking place!  Instead I let Austin and Kezzie get their suits on and go swimming.  They had a really good time!  I required them to be tied to a rope since the water was still up a bit!  Mom and dad showed up sometime in the afternoon and by about 7:30/8, the electricity had been figured out (phew)!  The rest of the weekend was a blast.  Keith and Jamie came too and Keith's brother Jim and his wife came and stayed in a tent!  We enjoyed riding trikes/walking, playing with cousins, swimming in the river, playing in the kiddie pool and watching the water from the dock.  Sunday early morning I was woke to the sound of rain.  It ended up pouring rain and causing us all to pack up a little earlier then expected.  It was still a lot of fun despite the rain!!  It is such a blessing to have a place like this to go and enjoy the outdoors with family!  I can't wait to go back next weekend (when it is supposed to be much cooler)!

No comments: