Sunday, August 14, 2011

River Fun Take 2!

We (me, Austin, the girls, and Logan) drove to the river on Wednesday after Austin got done with his last day of football camp.  We swung around the block to pick up Austin's friend Logan and we were off to the river for a nice long weekend!  We didn't get there until about 7:30, but I let the girls play for a bit before going to bed.  Austin and Logan immediately got their poles in the water and caught a small fish.  We put it in the kiddie pool so the girls could enjoy it and try their best to catch it too.  Kezzie caught it with her hands and was pretty proud!
One of the days (you kind of lose track when you are there) Austin and Logan were out fishing in the canoe and some guy came up to them in his boat and asked if they wanted a carp.  They said sure and this guy threw a 15-20 lb. carp into their canoe.  They were a little shocked!  My Uncle Gary had just heard of a carp recipe he wanted to try so he said he would clean it and cook it up.  Everyone tried it that night for supper (not me...yuck!) and said it was amazing. 
We had so much fun being there.  The girls sleep so well in the camper even though we are all in the same room (one morning we all slept until 8:45).  Although...I have to say after the first night of having the boys in the camper with us, I called my sister and had her bring her tent and air mattress since she was coming the next day anyway!  After we got that set up, it was much better in the camper!! They weren't that loud, but they were wispering and moving around so much that I thought we were rolling down the road!
 Mom and dad took the two boys to the fireworks store and that kept them very busy.  Logan had some money so he bought the brunt of the fireworks.  And that's just what they did.  They were either always fishing or always lighting fireworks.  I swear they hardly ate all weekend unless we forced them to come in!  Dad took the boys out in the boat to fish a few times and didn't catch much but the boys had fun anyway.  I guess a lot of what they caught weren't big enough so they had to throw them back.  One of the last days we were there Dad took the girls and I out in the boat for a ride.  Keziah wouldn't stop begging me and grandpa for a ride in the boat so he couldn't resist!  Leora (my youngest cousin that gets along with Kez well) came along for the ride.  Adah loved it too but didn't leave my lap for more than a second.  I think Leora and Keziah were pretty wet from hanging over the side of the boat and dragging their hands in the water!  Dad might have gotten some of that too as he looked pretty wet when we got back!  That picture out on the water is from our boat ride...it was so beautiful!  There is something about being on a boat and completely surrounded by water that just amazes me!  On saturday the weather was really weird.  It rained early in the day and made it feel really muggy.  It got sunny and then all the sudden another storm rolled in.  It poured rain for a bit and then got really cool and comfortable and the sun came back out.  A couple hours later, it poured again.  The kids had a blast playing in the rain and jumping in the puddles.  I took some video of Adah just being plain giddy and goofy, jumping in the puddles but will probably never get it posted (I will try)!!
What a fantastic weekend going on many walks (sometimes coordinating all the people who wanted to join us was harder then actually going on the walk), eating a lot of good food, sitting around talking and watching the kids make memories, and eating s'moores around the campfire.  One of my favorite memories was letting Kezzie stay up late on our last night so she could go with me and Austin and Logan to get ice cream at Dairy Queen.  She just kept hugging my leg and telling me thank-you and I love you, mommy!  It was so sweet!  And the three of them had a lot of fun goofing off in the van on the way there. I think I finally got her to bed around 10:30!   It was a lot of fun watching Austin come out of his shell a little more with a friend (a boy his own age) around.  He was goofy and more outgoing and just a lot of fun to be around.  The boys and I had a trip of our own too...we got to go to wal-mart and get school supplies!!  Yippee!  Let's not forget that with all the fun we are having, school starts really soon!  Now we have to wait until labor day weekend to come back!  And we are already looking forward to it!

No comments: